The Dragon Scrolls is the blog of White Dragon Designs, a knitting and craft website run by Ruth Hilton-Robinson. Please visit for knitting patterns, tuition, handmade gifts and more!

Monday 16 June 2014

A Very Tired Dragon

Wow - what a fortnight! Three craft fairs and a whole lot of meeting and greeting and now it's Knit In Public Week.
The Crafty Wench and I spent most of yesterday KIP-ing and CIP-ing in Central Park, Peterborough, at the annual Sounds Central music event. Despite the slightly overcast weather and the wind which almost caused the marquee to reach take-off velocity (but a marquee - we're on the up!) and the mozzies which have left me even lumpier and itchier than usual, it was a stonking good day!

HiPsters KiP-ing and CiP-ing

We were joined by several members of HiP and had a great time chilling out listening to a fabulous bunch of musicians. Our stalls attracted a lot of attention and I've now completely run out of flyers!

White Dragon Designs' stall on the left, The Crafty Wench's on the right

The day before I'd been to Werrington Village Hall for the craft fair organised and held there by the lovely Jemma Rands, again a really busy day with lots of people stopping to say hello, chat and even make a purchase or two.

The stall at St John's

And the Saturday previously was the monthly Handmade at St John's, which was also a lovely day if slightly quiet due to the weather - we woke to thunder and lightning so despite the offer of an outdoor stall the Dragon and I had a confab and decided to politely decline! However, massive thanks to Sally who organised the event wonderfully as always, to Julie Tebb of Yarns by Girlie for keeping me company on the stall next door - hopefully some collaborations may be in the pipeline - and to everyone who braved the weather to stop by and say hello.

Julie of 'Yarns by Girlie' with her pretties!

There are some more events and craft fairs coming up and I'll keep you updated as they are confirmed - and this week I WILL get some patterns written up, although I've hit a snag with the website which doesn't allow paid for downloads - I'll try to find an app for this and if I can't I'll offer them through Ravelry with a link in the shop or Etsy for those who aren't Ravelry members (although if not, why not? It's free and awesome!)
In the meantime, I've put the White Dragon Designs Brochure 2014 on the website as a download, so you can see our tuition prices and the designs which are available as commission knits - this range will expand (hopefully) and when the shop is up and running (another I WILL project) you'll be able to order your choice online. Until then, there's a downloadable order form you can fill in and return - instructions are on the website. You can either print it off, sign it, rescan it and email it to me or you can just fill it in on your computer and put your name in the signature section.
I'll post more information about upcoming dates as I receive it, but watch this space - exciting developments are afoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment